I am a PhD student at the Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice under the supervision of Dr. Roey Angel. I obtained my B.Sc. in Microbiology (2011) and Masters in Industrial Microbiology (2016) both from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I studied for one year as an exchange masters’ student at the University of Tsukuba in Japan and also did my internship at the National Agricultural and Food Research Organization (NARO), Tsukuba Ibaraki, Japan. During my Master’s programme, I researched on “Isolation and evaluation of thermotolerant-xylose fermenting yeasts for bioethanol production,” (published in Biofuels) which got me an “Outstanding Poster Award for a Masters’ Student” during the Ag-ESD International Symposium held at the University of Tsukuba, Japan. I have six research papers, two of which I am the first author. I am part of a research team that worked on “Community analysis of biofilms on flame-oxidized stainless steel anodes in microbial fuel cells fed with different substrates” (published in BMC Microbiology). I am interested in building upon my experience in stable isotope coupled meta-omics or any other related areas. I have a great academic record, a strong commitment to community service, involvements in extra-curricular activities and especially an utmost serious attitude towards education.
Education and Academic Positions
since 2019 PhD student,
Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice, Czech Republic
2016-2017 Exchange masters’ student,
University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
2014-2016 MSc in Industrial Microbiology (with CGPA of 4.29),
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
2012-2013 National Youth Service Corps Certificate,
Bayelsa State, Nigeria
2017-2011 BSc in Microbiology (Second Class Upper Division with CGPA of 4.14),
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Microbial interactions/community analysis, stable isotope probing, microbial physiology, bioenergy/bioelectrochemistry, production of biochemicals/microbial enzymes, molecular biology and bioinformatics
Published Research Papers
- Nweze Julius Eyiuche, Shiho Asakawa, Takahiro Yamashita, Atsuo Ikeguchi, Yutaka Kitamura and Hiroshi Yokoyama (2017). Community analysis of biofilms on flame-oxidized stainless steel anodes in microbial fuel cells fed with different substrates. BMC Microbiology, 17:145.
- Julius E. Nweze, Ifeanyi Ndubisi, Nnaemeka J. Onoyima et al. (2018). Isolation and evaluation of thermotolerant-xylose fermenting yeasts for bioethanol production. Biofuels (http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2018.1564480)
- Charles O. Nwuche, Yoshinori Murata, Julius E. Nweze, Ifeanyi A. Ndubuisi, Hide Ohmae, Masayoshi Saito, James C. Ogbonna (2018). Bioethanol production under multiple stress condition by a new acid and temperature tolerant Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain LC 269108 isolated from rotten fruits. Process Biochemistry.
- Ifeanyi Ndubisi, Julius E. Nweze, Nnaemeka J. Onoyima et al. (2018). Ethanol production from cassava pulp by a newly isolated thermotolerant Pichia kudriavzevii LC375240. Energy and Power Engineering. 10(10); 457-474.
- Justus Amuche Nweze, Josephine I. Okafor, Emeka Innocent Nweze and Julius Eyiuche Nweze (2016). Comparison of antimicrobial potential of honey samples from Apis mellifera and two stingless bees from Nsukka, Nigeria. J Pharmacogn Nat Prod 2: 124.
- Justus Amuche Nweze, J. I. Okafor, Emeka I. Nweze and Julius Eyiuche Nweze (2017). Evaluation of physicochemical and antioxidant properties of two stingless bee honeys: a comparison with Apis mellifera honey from Nsukka, Nigeria. BMC Research Notes, 10:566.
- Poster presentation at Ag-ESD International Symposium held at Tsukuba University Japan (11/2016)
- Research assistant at National Agricultural and Food Research Organization (NARO), Tsukuba Ibaraki, Japan (01/08/2016-16/12/2016).
- Certificate of participation at Ag-ESD International Symposium held at Tsukuba University Japan (11/2016)
- Outstanding poster award for a masters’ student for a poster presented at the Ag-ESD International Symposium held at Tsukuba University Japan (11/2016)
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) scholarship (03/2016-02/2017)